- Local News
Deadline for heating bill assistance approaches
Residents of Carter County who need help paying their heating bills this winter have until Dec. 17 to apply for assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Dickerson case heads to grand jury
- Santa makes an early stop in Olive Hill
- Deadline for heating bill assistance approaches
- Local Sports
West boys drop season opener
The high school basketball season across Kentucky tipped off Monday night and West Carter would take the short trip to Morehead to face 16th Region runner-up Rowan County.
- East, West hold final scrimmages at Heart of the Parks
- West boys drop season opener
- Wednesday's Post
An unlikely band of Santa’s helpers…
I don’t recall exactly when it started but I know I was in college. We were having Christmas Eve dinner when a man came by to bring my dad a decanter of Christmas cheer. As he turned to leave, he asked if I had plans for the night. I was leaving early on Christmas Day on a fishing trip to Florida with friends but my evening was free.
- It’s hard to fool an old snipe hunter…
- Thoughts on the deaths of those we revere
- An unlikely band of Santa’s helpers…