By MacKenzie Bates - Sports Editor
Aug. 21, 2013 — After a brief hiatus, the Crazy 8’s make a return just in time for Week Zero of the high school football season. I, for one, am astonished as you are that we are now talking about high school football.
With the summer months behind us, it is time to put on the pads, fire up the grill, paint the lines and cheer on teams to get ready for the march towards Bowling Green.
So here they are. I have included last year’s record and where these teams finished up in the playoffs.
1. Fairview (14-1, Class 1A state runner-up)
2. Raceland (9-3 Class 1A second round)
3. Ashland (9-3 Class 4A second round)
4. Mason County (8-5 Class 3A region final)
5. Russell (6-5 Class 3A first round)
6. Morgan County (8-3 Class 3A first round)
7. Fleming County (7-5 Class 3A second round)
8. Bath County (8-3 Class 3A first round)
The excitement around all of these teams is buzzing with expectations and visions of carrying a big shiny trophy back to their respective schools. Fairview and Raceland will once again duke it out for the top seed in Class 1A District 8. Ashland returns a lot of their skill players but still have questions up front on the line.
The rest of the teams fill up the rankings from Class 3A. Mason County looks to lead District 6 again and make further along in the playoffs.
As always, the Crazy 8 is a work in progress but as the season rolls around, I expect all of these teams to have great seasons.