April 10, 2013 —
Fire departments from across the county responded to a structure fire on Wilson Creek Road last Wednesday afternoon.
Eyewitnesses said sparks from a welding torch apparently ignited a pile of greasy rags inside a barn. The fire quickly spread, lighting a barrel of diesel fuel.
The barn was quickly engulfed and brush on the surrounding hillside began to burn. The structure was already on the ground when fire crews arrived.
The barn and reportedly at least one vehicle inside were a complete loss.
Crews rushed to contain the blaze and protect nearby homes. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters from Grayson, Olive Hill, Grahn, and state forestry responded.