Jan. 29, 2014 — Olive Hill, Grahn and Grayson volunteer fire departments responded to a fire on Clover Drive near the Carter/Rowan line Monday afternoon. Firefighters said a faulty stovepipe on a wood burning stove caused a fire in the ceiling but fire crews were able to salvage most of the residence. No one was injured.
- Local News
Raising the roof: Work under way at Star Elementary School
Leaks will soon be a thing of the past at Star Elementary School, where workers are busy putting up a new roof.
Questions arise over fate of stray animals
Stray animals in Carter County may be disappearing…because no one seems to know exactly where they are going.
Motions heard in Holbrook murder case
An Olive Hill man facing murder charges appeared Monday in Elliott Circuit Court.
ECHS shooter accused in prison assault
The gunman in the infamous 1993 East Carter High School shooting is facing criminal charges again after an alleged assault on a prison employee.
Special judge hears high profile cases
Cases against former county and court employees were on the docket in Carter Circuit Court for arraignment proceedings before a special judge last Thursday.
Unhappy citizen pickets for change
A Carter County woman is picketing the streets in Grayson, claiming that Carter County Attorney Patrick Flannery has violated the ethics of his elected position.
Health department delays director search
The Little Sandy Health District Board of Directors apparently is going to wait longer before filling the vacant director’s position.
Memory Days details revealed
The year’s Memory Days Parade will take place on Saturday, May 24, starting at 1 p.m.
Olive Hill Council amends budget, discusses alcohol rules
Olive Hill City Council met in special session Tuesday to add $102,807 to its general fund budget from last year’s utility system profits.
Groups request aid from Fiscal Court
Carter Fiscal Court Tuesday heard proposals from the public library and the Olive Hill Trail Town Task Force.
- More Local News Headlines
- Raising the roof: Work under way at Star Elementary School