Age is a state of mind
Do you remember, as a child, your parents or other adults remarking how fast time had gone by? There would be comments such as, “Where has the time gone?” Hearing this, you probably thought they were crazy.
Things to watch in the 2011 General Assembly
Happy New Year. Let’s look ahead to the 2011 General Assembly. I avoid predictions (when I get them wrong my smart-aleck friends remind me) but here are some things to watch.
The political winners and losers of 2010
As we wind down 2010, let’s take a look at some who won and some who lost.
Some Frankfort Christmas wishes
We’ve all had our fill of politics, right? It’s Christmas, so let’s have some fun by offering gift wishes for some politicians. It’s all in good humor, hoping to elicit a smile, no harm intended.
Medicaid makes mark in early campaigns
So you thought we’d get a respite from partisan politics after the Nov. 2 election. Right.
- Hatchett the right choice; Beshear numbers up; Webb will run for re-election Edward Hatchett is just what the doctor ordered for troubled KACo; Beshear poll numbers improve a bit; and Robin Webb says she's running for re-election to the state Senate.
- The fast cash, easy money illegal drug trade In this column I hope is to bring out some truths. I want to share information I have gathered on the illegal drug trade within our county, as well as use of Bible verses as I go along.
- Alcohol ENOUGH and the Carter County Drug Task Force is offering some information and Tips To Help along with Partnership For A Drug Free America.
- The risks of "experimentation" “But it’s only marijuana” or “it’s only alcohol,” you say. “It’s a rite of passage.
- A Clear and Present Danger Dealing a blow to years of work and recent gains in youth drug prevention,
- More Columns Headlines
- Age is a state of mind