- Breaking News
- Grayson to have two liquor stores
- Stamper indicted, arrest warrant issued
- New payroll tax may not be enough
Olive Hill Council nixes payroll tax
Olive Hill City Council did an about face Tuesday night and dropped consideration of a proposed 1.5 percent payroll tax.
About 60 persons attended the meeting to voice their disapproval of the proposed tax on each person who works inside the city limits.
- Rattlesnake Ridge seeks 29% water rate increase
- Missing drugs investigated at EMS
- KY 209 closed
Redistricting bill passed, signed
Gov. Steve Beshear wasted no time Friday afternoon in signing the legislative redistricting bill passed earlier in the day by the General Assembly.
The new maps now must be accepted by a panel of three federal judges hearing two lawsuits challenging earlier reapportionment efforts.
- Flannery charged with murder
- Flood suit plaintiffs ask for ruling
- More Breaking News Headlines