Feb. 18, 2013 — A fire in the kitchen has shut down a local fast food restaurant.
A deep fryer caught fire in the Grayson McDonalds Monday, filling the restaurant with smoke.
Grayson Fire fighters responded to the blaze, which was contained in part by the sprinkler system.
Manager Theresa Hutchinson tried to extinguish the blaze with fire extinguishers, but was unsuccessful. She was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters went inside and contained the blaze with water while outside crews cut off gas to the building.
The restaurant is currently closed, and will remain that way until repairs are made and all the food that was inside is replenished. Firefighters at the scene say the eatery will probably reopen in one to two weeks.
The restaurant owner was unavailable for comment.